Monday, October 12, 2009

Puppet Ideas

I want to make puppets. My friend and coworker Dallin has made a fun collection of his own puppets, which can be seen here. I keep telling him that I'm going to be cool like him, but it hasn't happened yet.

Now, my husband Steve wants to make a puppet show that involves a spider, and we do not have a spider puppet. So he told me to design one. I grumbled and groaned at the task of sketching a design, but then I remembered that I need to be able to do that, so I drew a simple (a little too simple) design:


The glove will have fishing line attached to the fingers so it can manipulate the legs of the spider.

I also have an idea for a tree that loses it's leaves with the release of fishing line as well:


I wanted to have the tree done for tomorrow's Toddler Time show, but alas, I do not have the materials I need to make it (procrastination). So, I will have a cardboard version that I will take a picture of tomorrow. Someday, I will make the cooler version.

No comments:

Post a Comment