Thursday, October 8, 2009

Daily sketch: hands

I hate it when people have the mentality of "I could never be good enough to do..." I feel like that is a form of self damnation. Not that everyone has time to develop every talent out there, but I think that mentality gives people a view of themselves that only becomes true because they make it true.

I have always said I want to be a better artist, and I have found myself recently admiring the works of others and wishing I could draw. I have taken some classes, and a good friend Rose Ledezma has given me lessons before. She is a huge inspiration to me. You can see her works here. My husband Steve is also a great artist, and I always love playing Pictoral Apostasy when he is playing as well. You can see his works here. I am also really impressed with my younger brother Joshua Peavler, who decided a little more than a year ago that he wanted to be an artist, so he's been working hard and has improved greatly. You can see his works here.

My life is very busy right now, but I figure it always will be. I'm not planning on making a living off of drawing, but I want to get better. So I've made a commitment to take a few minutes and practices sketching everyday. I will post what I sketch on this blog. My reason for doing this is so I can have something to track my progress. I am an amature now, so don't expect anything amazing... yet.

Any of you artists feel free to critique my sketches and give me pointers. I am not emotionally attached to them in any way- I'm just trying to get better.

Today, I decided to sketch my hand and try to focus on the shapes within my hand:




No comments:

Post a Comment